10 CYBER RESOLUTIONS FOR 2021.
Reflecting on the past year, we can all agree 2020 didn’t turn out quite as expected. Cybersecurity concerns came to the forefront with accelerated digital transformations, increased remote working, and the rise in more sophisticated cyber-attacks.
With that in mind, our cyber specialist Lesley Fitzpatrick has compiled a list of cyber-related resolutions to implement this year, to help keep you safe and secure in 2021.
- I will change all passwords on my personal and work devices.
- I will check and install updates on laptops, computers and mobile phones.
- I will install and update anti-virus software.
- I will strongly reconsider clicking on unknown links or attachments in emails.
- I will use dual authentication (via telephone) when authorising payments to new partners.
- I will be aware of the personal information that I put out on social media accounts.
- I will implement a regular back-up plan to external hard drives.
- I will apply encryption on handheld devices.
- I will talk to fellow employees, friends and family about safety online.
- I will talk to Robertson Low about how a Cyber insurance policy can protect my business today!
If you have any cyber-related queries, get in touch with Lesley: